News from around the world relating to plague diseases and apocalypse.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Jack's Diary - Operation Inferno - Day 137

     It's finally done! Operation Inferno is ready to go. Katy and I have been working overtime on this and it's finally ready. Let me explain the set up. On the tallest building near the center of the city, we placed three Long Range Acoustic Devices (LRAD), facing in different directions. They were originally used to signal people from far away and to deter wildlife and pirate without violence, as the device can make a sound powerful enough to cause headaches. You'd think equipment like this would be hard to find, but it really wasn't. The LRADs were probably brought in early on to try and bring the outbreak situation under control, only to have it backfire on them since the sound attract soulless (I say this all from observance, not from first hand account. We found these mounted on police vans and the area surrounding it was still sticky and disgusting from the previous accumulation of soulless). These things were not light (I almost killed myself carrying one up the stairs with Katy). The sound from it can reach about a mile or less, but we didn't stop there. We also ripped a bunch of sirens out of ambulances and police vehicles. Since my ability to focus well was slowly slipping away, Katy volunteered to scatter the sirens to lure more soulless when the time came. I didn't want soulless to just hang around outside the city so I attached the power cords that were attached to the sirens to a crank so we could reel them back in and draw the soulless into the trap. Katy managed to spread the sirens out to about 8 to 10 miles in each direction (with the amount of glue and duck tape I coated the plugs with, they better not come undone). I wished we could have gotten more LRADs to put on the very borders of where we ran out of sirens to attract even more soulless, but we only had so many to use.
     Now for my favorite idea yet. We commandeered several generators to power the local Water Plant (also used them to power the sirens). We also ripped a great deal of sprinkler systems from the more expensive buildings that could afford them. From here, we attached and welded the pipes together, attaching them to the tops of buildings across the city, to create a system of sprinklers that could drench every non-existent resident. I filled the Water Plant with the gasoline we accumulated to pump through the pipes when the time was right. Lastly, since we didn't want to burn alive and needed to be in the city to activate all this, we create a zip line to go from one of buildings to a small rock plateau in the distance, high enough of the ground to keep us safe from soulless and so we could watch the show.
     I decided to make some thermite bombs with charges connected to them so we could detonate them from a distance to start the fire. Katy and I shooting flaming arrows into the masses of soulless. Everything was set up. Before we began, I reminded Katy of my will in case anything happened. I then contacted Mike, after what feels like years, to tell him to pick up something I left for him (it was nice to hear him again). We're about to begin and I want him to have a front row seat to see Operation Inferno in action. Hopefully, everything works out and my goal will have been met.
     Katy, I'm sorry. It's time.

- Jack's Diary


Katy's Entry
     I felt like he'd want this. For me to complete this. The plan worked just as he said it would. We switched on the LRADs. They almost blew my eardrums out. He yelled at me to put in the earplug before we preceded. The sirens were switched on next. Soulless, as Jack called them, charged into the city, surrounding the building the LRADs were on. There had to be a 1000 of them within only two minutes of the LRADs being turned on. It was only the beginning. Mobs of soulless entered the city from all sides. You could hear their screams and moans as clear as day a top of a seven story building. It sent shivers down my spine. Jack waited another 5-10 minutes before we started reeling in the sirens, all the time hundreds of more soulless entered the city limits. The streets were becoming as tightly packed than when the ball is dropped on New Years. Two of the wires put up a fight. Part of them must have snapped off in the distance, but we still brought in the majority of them. It was such an amazing sight. A frightening sight. The sirens were followed by slow soulless, fast soulless that leaped each time the sirens moved, soulless with swords, soulless with long slender bodies, and horribly deformed soulless, ugly enough to make me gag. The smell of rotting flesh of near unbearable. I occasional looked over at Jack and he was happy, happy his plan was working as we'd hoped. The city was completely filled to capacity. There were a large amount of soulless outside of the city's entrance, unable to get any closer with the streets jam packed. Soulless were piling up on top of one another to reach the LRADs. The piles were three stories tall. There must have been 10,000 or 100,000 of them. Jack activated the sprinkler system. The moans were slightly drowned out by the rush of gasoline. The sunlight went through the gasoline, creating small temporary randoms in the air. It was so beautiful. We ran out of gasoline after three minutes. Jack then took out the charge and pushed it. The explosion rattled me and hurt my ears worse than the LRADs. The fire spread quickly where the bombs had gone off and we helped by launching flaming arrows into the soulless crowds. Soon, the LRADs and moaning was overtaken by the roaring fire that was engulfing the city. They were so stupid, still going after the LRADs while their bodies burned to a crisp.
     Jack told me it was time to go. I hooked a pulley on and went. The ride filled me with an adrenaline. I was so happy everything worked out. I landed on the pile of cushion we set and looked back. I kept expecting him to use the zip-line next. He just stood there on the edge of the building. I yelled for him to hurry. I kept yelling, but he did nothing, nothing except cut the zip-line rope. I could only watch as the fire slowly consumed the building and the black smoke blocked my view to him. The fire burned for what felt like forever. The soulless on the outskirts went into the city with the soulless there previously burning dead on the ground. Even more soulless came from all around and burned in what I now see as a mass grave. I didn't watch the whole time. Most of the time, I cried.
     Once the fire stopped and everything had calmed down, I went it to search for his body. The streets were covered in a foot of cremated corpses. His body was no where on or in the building. I was angry at him. He left me alone. He didn't have to die yet. There was still time. We still had time. The question of why bothered me until I found a letter he left for me.

"Katy,

     I hope you find this and if I'm not around, Operation Inferno must have been a success. You and I both knew what was going to happen to me eventually so I took matters into my own hands. At the end, I didn't want to end up like my friend, who went insane. It would've been dangerous and just a plain waste of time for you to look after me any longer. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd try and stop me. It's not that I don't care about you Katy. If I could have, I'd have stayed with you forever, continued doing this, and take back this planet. I wish my other friends would've come with me and that I could bring back yours, but life doesn't conform to what we want, sadly. I hope you'll continue on this work and know that if there is life after death, that I'll be watching over you and giving you all the prayers and help I can.

Your friend,
Jack"


     I decided to continue though it will be more difficult without help. Jack had more than just Operation Inferno in mind. While he was still alive, he spoke of others, like luring soulless into a large hole and either burning or just filling it back in with dirt. He called it Operation Re-burial. He only went with Operation Inferno because it was much easier and according to him, would make for a much better show. I may go with one of these plans. I stopped by the river where Jack had left his gifts for his friends. They had already come and gone.
     The night was quiet as I'd ever known it. There were no soulless, no danger, no paranoia. This is the kind of world I want and it's the kind of world I intend to bring back. I don't think I'll ever write again; it's just not my thing. I just felt it was the right thing to do; to write about Jack's last day on Earth so no one would forget. So I wouldn't forget. I'll miss you, Jack.

- Katy's Entry



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your piece of mind.

Featured Post

Nuclear Apocalypse and its Benefit.

  Do you dissapprove of plunging the world into a radioactive hell? Do you know that there is actually a benefit to get from a nuclea...

© 2013 Insideapocalypse. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Pages

Inside Apocalypse

Blogger templates